88.7 KCME-FM is a member supported independent all classical public radio station located in Colorado Springs. Those chosen for the on-air host intern program will be trained in all aspects of radio broadcasting to include:
- On-air broadcasting appropriate for the presentation of classical music.
- Procedures mandated by the Federal Communications Commission to includes EAS protocols, maintenance of documents required by the FCC, and reporting procedures that are required by KCME policies.
Under the direction of the General Manager and KCME on-air personnel, and in an unpaid capacity, train in all aspects of public radio to include:
- On-air broadcasting – learn the use of broadcast equipment, on-air protocol and style for classical music format.
- Production – learn how to create and produce spots and programs for on-air broadcast.
- Language – learn the appropriate and most often used terms for classical broadcasting, correct pronunciation and on-air protocol.
- FCC – learn rules and regulations and learn how to maintain a public file and write reports, so that the station remains in compliance.
- Traffic (on-air scheduling) – learn how to organize and manage studio traffic including maintaining the master schedule of on-air spots for broadcast.
- Programming – learn how to program classical music using the Core Values program.
- Assist the General Manager and staff in administrative responsibilities.
Intern will be evaluated at the conclusion of the internship. This evaluation will be discussed with the intern, and sent to referring school (if applicable) for their use. Academic credit, if applicable, will be determined and awarded by school. Intern will be asked to evaluate KCME’s intern program in return.
Intern should possess an inquisitive nature regarding fine arts broadcasting and technology. Computer literacy is required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite is strongly recommended. Qualified applicants should have a strong interest in fine arts broadcasting, and it is highly desirable that candidates have completed a year’s worth of training or instruction in broadcasting or communications.
Please send a resume, and a voice sample from any text of your choice, to:
KCME General Manager
1921 North Weber Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80907-6903
or email to email@example.com.
NO WALK-INS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.